Thursday, July 09, 2015

It's Good To Have Friends

My friend Susan noted that in my picture of beading progress, I was using an ashtray to hold my beads. I only have a few holdovers from the days when so many people smoked but soon realized how perfect the small simple ones I had saved would be for keeping beads in check and making it easy to scoop beads onto the needle. I occasionally check second hand stores to see if I might find a few more for those times when I'm using a lot of different beads on a project, but haven't had much luck. Susan, however, promised to check stores in her area and look what she came up with! Not just ashtrays, but also some small dishes in various sizes and shapes, all wrapped carefully in some beautiful batik fabrics. Now there's a friend - thanks! Time to go try them out...

No comments: