Tuesday, October 31, 2017

The End of #INKtober Shoe Sketches

Whew! I actually did it. A drawing each day of October without fail. Here are the last three, one more boot, an everyday shoe, and a vintage heirloom passed on to me from my mother.




Full disclosure, there are two more shoes I could sketch - an old pair of white tennis shoes that I only use for my daily walks (a bit of broken stitching but still serviceable as long as I keep replacing the insoles) and a pair of white water shoes that are like tennis shoes only with mesh so the water runs right out (great for our gravelly shorelines that would hurt bare feet when wading and for washing the car). I'm glad I didn't have to sketch them.

And now, regular service must return. I need to finish up some art quilts for a December exhibit...

3 comments:

The Inside Stori said...

Your shoe challenge has been so much fun to watch……very, very impressive…..and impressed by your shoe collection…..that’s a LOT of shoes!

Living to work - working to live said...

Sheila - I am impressed. It's going some to do something like this every day. And I'm also impressed at your shoe collection. Wow!! I'm in lampshade hell having committed to two sales at the end of November/beginning of December and with a sewing machine that is desperate for a service. Also, must get a new blog post up. Feel my mojo is beginning to return. Xxx

The Idaho Beauty said...

Argh yes - a lot of shoes. And while I thought this trip through my closet would help me winnow them down, I think I only got more attached to ones I thought would be off to Goodwill! I guess they something about the life I lead and have led, and how over time fashion was still important but not as important as comfort. No teetering on high heels for me anymore - lol!

Thanks for sticking with me on this little adventure and so glad at least some of you seemed to enjoy it. I hope I don't lose the improvements I saw in my sketching skills as I return to my stitching skills. I got so much better at getting the angles right on the first try!