Wednesday, November 01, 2017

November!

I've been so fixated on my daily #INKtober challenge drawing that I nearly forgot all about my pocket calendar spread for November. So it has been a rather quick coloring in over the last 10 days or so, not a lot of thought going into it. But I think I like what I ended up doing, again limiting the colors this time to those in the yellow/orange/brown range to give off a nice autumn feel. If only I had big beautiful blooms like this on my back deck... 

I had bought a big bag of assorted candies in preparation for trick or treaters last night. Generally I don't get too many kids coming by but I always enjoy the costumes as well as watching the parents who come with them. But last night I only had two little ones show up at my door, one dressed in a bear costume, the other totally encased in a Star Wars storm trooper costume. If I could have given him a prize for best costume, I would have. Instead, I told him to take more than one piece of candy. Very impressive how many pieces he managed to grab with his storm trooper-gloved hands!

4 comments:

Christine Staver said...

Wow you have almost gone through the entire year in that calendar! What and accomplishment. When I looked at the witch and cat image the first thing I looked at is whether the shadow was physically correct. I guess I will never get science out of my brain.

Sherrie Spangler said...

Now that you're done drawing your shoes, you must have oodles of free time!

The Idaho Beauty said...

Honestly, Chris, I've often done the same thing when looking at the witch, wanting to believe that if the light was at just the right angle, it might indeed cast such a shadow. I'm not at all sure that it would. And your scientific mind probably agrees!

The Idaho Beauty said...

Yes, Sherrie, when I think back on how long many of those sketches took, I realize I have no excuse for not getting more done in the studio. I just have to put my mind to it in the same way I put my mind to the shoes. Then again, I have gotten behind on some regular things so am playing a bit of catch-up right now with that oodles of time. ;-)