Friday, December 01, 2017

December!

I can't lie; I was disappointed that the design for the December spread in my pocket calendar was not more Christmassy. Where are the poinsettia blooms, the ivy and the holly leaves? So I made do with trying to color up the blooms with pointy petals to look a bit like poinsettias. Don't ask me what Christmas flower is purple though. I just thought it might be a good second color.

I thought this would be the last of the spreads to color in, but no. This is one of those calendars that gives you a few months into the next year, and they've included one more spread to color to ring in the New Year. I thought perhaps IT was supposed to be for December but the flowers in that one are even less about the holidays. But it looks like it will be fun to color in.

1 comment:

The Inside Stori said...

Yes, the choice of design does seem un-Christmas like……but you made good color choices anyway!